Sunday, March 21, 2010

Red Strap on Clipboard Loom

I've been a real slacker lately. I haven't really touched anything. Too much time sitting in front of the television with empty hands. So I forced myself to go to the shelf and grab a loom and throw a warp on it.



(click on pictures for larger view)
This is the clipboard frame loom. I threw some cotton crochet yarn on it for weaving a simple flat band or ribbon. I have two balls of red so I decided on red for the basic theme color warp and will use it for the weft. I added some off-white for contrast. I tossed in a strip of metallic silver for a central accent stripe. The cotton yarn is warped as singles, I doubled on the silver because it is thinner than the other yarns.




I'm weaving a warp faced horizontal stripes pattern on the ribbon. The yarn is warped over the loom and I'll slide the strap over the loom as I work around. This is just to break up my "weaver's block", kind like a writer's block. I'm feeling better. I was sick for a few days at the start of the month, That may have been the reason.

So that is my current project. I'll be back to the finger weaving chevron this week so I can finish the tutorial doc.

Have a good day!

No comments: