(click pics for larger image)
This is a failed warp. I started it in June. It was supposed to become some more dishtowels on the backstrap loom. See this link. I had problems with loose warps from the beginning. I tried to adjust the tension. That did not work. So I tried to work with it to see if I could "force" it to behave.
On this closer look you can how this bad warp could not be fixed. The floats. The uneven fell line. The crooked shape. The uneven tension. So I will unweave this warp and wind up the yarn and put it aside for a while. I can't fix this even though in my mind I thought I could. I'll start over again and this time warp it properly instead of just throwing it together. It was impatience that got me started off badly.
In the words of Harry Callahan "A man's got to know his limitations."
Have a good day!