Monday, August 3, 2009

Washcloth and handtowel finished

(click on pictures to get larger view, then back to return to blog)

Above is the washcloth to go with the dishtowel/handtowel. I wove on my little frame loom to finish it more quickly. I warped with white cotton. I started a two inch stripe with the black/white cotton yarn. Then I turned the loom over, moved the string heddle to the lower shed and started with a two inch stripe, then filled in the middle with white yarn.

Here is the washcloth and handtowel together, after wet finishing. I finished the edges of the smaller washcloth with twining edge cords. The hand towel was woven on a backstrap loom.

Finished size of the handtowel is 12 x 17 inch. The washcloth is 8 1/2 by 9 inch.

Have a good day!

1 comment:

RheLynn said...

I really, really like this one and the 'hot color' towels with the colored warp stripes. Such great work! Your blog is very informative as well, good explanations of things and pictures.