Monday, January 18, 2010

Sprang - first bag


Here's the finished bag. I used string to sew up the sides. I think I'll leave the sticks in before sewing next time because I couldn't keep track of the outside cords. The drawstring cord is braided from red & white string. I did not chain loop the bottom, instead I put a string through it.



The real test of a bag is to put something into it. The bag failed. The mesh was too loose to hold and oranges fell through.

So next time I think I'll use pencils again, but I'll tighten up the twist. If that doesn't get it, I'll try chopsticks again but make it more loose.

Have a good day!

3 comments:

Carol said...

I love seeing how your attempt came out. It is not a failure, just part of the learning process, discovering what works and what doesn't. It encourages me to get started! Thanks for sharing.

Franco Rios said...

Thank you Carol.

It is a learning process. I was having such a time with it that I was glad to be done with it.

Now I can work on making a better one.

Have a good day!
Franco Rios

ll said...

happy new year............................................................