Saturday, November 7, 2009

Log Cabin pattern scarf on Cricket Loom


(click on pics for larger view)
These are the yarns I have (Paton's Classic Wool, 100% wool worsted) to choose from for the Log Cabin Weavealong on Weavolution.com this weekend. Black, White, Red, Purple. I chose red/white for best contrast so I can see what I'm doing.




This is 30 pairs of warp (60 ends) on 10 dent heddle for 6" scarf on the Cricket loom.



After winding the warp, I have to sort out the pairs according to the chart I found on the Schact newsletter at this site
http://schachtspindle.com/newsletter/PDF/Newsletter2005-01-Spring.pdf

(link updated 6/12/2013)




First an inch of waste yarn to set the spacing, then two shuttles of red/white, I duplicate pattern I used to warp up. Switch is every five pairs, but still plain weave. I overlap/twine the edges where the colors cross.


OOOPS!! Missed the change. Unweave - do over!


That's better! More later!

Warning: My wool yarn is sticking. Clear the shed every time!

Have a good day!

No comments: