Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Log cabin - twisted fringe


Okay, here's my scarf after I cut it off the loom. (click picture for larger view) For this project I am using twisted fringe as described in the instructions for the log cabin pattern found at

http://www.schachtspindle.com/pdfs/newsletters/newsletter2005-01-spring.pdf

Working groups of 5 strands, 2 of one color and 3 of the other, I twisted the group of 2 tightly, twisted the group of 3 tightly, twisted those 2 groups tightly in the other direction and tied a knot to make it 6 inches long. Read the newsletter. Note: The newsletter describes making a table runner, I just changed dimensions to allow for a 6 inch by 72 inch scarf.

Some of the loose ends of yarn will be woven back into the scarf. Some will just be snipped off after wet finishing.

Next step will be to wet finish.

Have a good day!

No comments: