Sunday, November 20, 2011

Blue Sprang Finished


Before I found my crochet hook, I found a little bundle of tools for sale at the Goodwill Thrift Store. Some crochet hooks, an afghan hook (long hook), some regular and double point knitting needles. All for 4 dollars and the money goes to charity.


The afghan hook is the right size so I used it to hook the middle of the sprang. This will be the bottom of the bag. It was recommended that I should run a string through the middle to make it a non-stretch bottom, but I want to try hooking the middle row. I was surprised to see how the piece shortened. Then I removed the safety strings. Sorry about bad color, flash did not go off on this picture.


Using the extra long edge cords I crocheted up the sides. Then I braided a drawstring and threaded it through the top. Then I saw how the bottom stretched out. Not expected.



Also not expected is how the bag does not fully enclose a bar of soap.


Okay, so I'll do the next one longer, narrower and make the bottom less stretchy.

Have a good day!

1 comment:

zippiknits said...

This is so interesting. I see - from the web - that a loom can be made to make these on. Your project is great for portability and ease. Lovely little project. Thanks for sharing the experience. :)